The 35 Least Garbage Things That Happened in 2014
By and large, this was a stupid year. We learned how much we have to do and how far we have to go as a society, as a country, as humanity to be better. But, that doesn’t mean we didn’t see some moments of greatness. 2014 gave us some wonderful things. Let’s look back in rapture.
35. Courtney Love cracked the missing Malaysian plane case wide open.
34. American Apparel finally fired Dov Charney.
33. Phil Hartman finally got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
32. A Duggar girl may or may not have banged her newly wedded husband in a church. True or not, it brought too much joy to be ignored.
31. Chris Pratt stole his Star Lord jacket so he could visit sick kids in the hospital.
30. We learned these two are a thing (did you hear them together on Nerdist? Oh my god, their cuteness.)
29. And these two, too.
28. Which reminds me, this:
27. There was a clone dance party.
26. The finale of How I Met Your Mother may have hurt (and still hurts) but the final season had some wonderful moments.
25. We all met Bianca del Rio, Adore Delano and the other flawless queens of RuPaul’s Drag Race season
24. Seriously. Bianca. So delightfully, wonderfully, gloriously hateful.
23. These two made up.
22. Craig Middlebrook taught us how to live.
21. We got definitive proof that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are vampires.
Shouldn't…shouldn't Kanye be in the mirror? pic.twitter.com/ufjPLz5sFQ— Katherine Miller (@katherinemiller) March 24, 2014
20. This year we got the Sochi games…and the Shoshi games.
19. Yeezianity became a real religion.
18. Zac Efron skateboarded around the grocery store because walking just isn’t brotastic enough, and we laughed at—never with—him.
17. Macaulay Culkin wore a shirt of Ryan Gosling wearing a shirt of Macaulay Culkin.
16. It was a phenomenal year for photobombs.
15. Andrew Garfield took Batkid to Disneyland and threw him a mini-Oscars.
14. The Ice Bucket Challenge videos earned over $100 million dollars for ALS research in just a month.
13. These kids were reunited with their cat.
12. Idris Elba gave himself (and the rest of us) a boner.
My Bow makes my dick hard every time I smile…is that normal? pic.twitter.com/AI6k9TOGmu— Idris Elba (@idriselba) January 5, 2014
11. Some people weren’t into Peter Pan Live, but I watched like this:
10. Because it had Walken’s line reads.
9. And Walken’s dancing.
8. But most importantly this moment:
7. No one could pronounce anyone’s name right.
6. But we all learned how to say Mo’ne Davis.
5. And Lupita Nyong’o.
4. Ellen Page came out with an amazing speech.
3. Transgender people are in the spotlight, and it’s been beautiful.
2. And “feminist” stopped being a dirty word.
1. Finally, in a year rampant with pain and heartache, there existed one perfect moment. Thank you, Blue Ivy Carter.