The 10 Best Out-of-Context Movie Spoilers
There’s nothing like a twist ending to a film. Even when the rest of the movie is good, a bizarre ending can completely warp the rest of the experience. And when the film is bad anyway, a ridiculous twist can transcend the rest of the movie to a higher plane of nonsensical wonder. As a lover of a good/bad twist, here are my 10 favorite completely out-of-context twist endings. If you can’t guess it on your own, the links will take you to the answer so you’re not all the way spoiled.
10. Tom Jane just wants his kid back but instead there’s the film version of a “WOMP WOMP” sound when he shoots him as a mercy kill the literal second they’re about to be saved.
9. She did it all herself despite not actually being present for several scenes with the killer and also something about decapitated blowjobs.
8. It’s kind of a Duggar biopic.
7. Michelle Tanner’s best friend Denise gets punished for cheating on her husband by getting AIDS and also the guy she cheats with is the literal actual devil.
6. Robin Scherbatsky was a dead ghost wife matchmaker the whole time.
5. A horrible mental institution lets a seriously mentally ill patient have the run of the whole place, free to further disturb his fellow patients and also climb dangerous cliffs.
4. Johnny Depp has braces and was the killer the whole time and now everyone is corn.
3. A newly single mother finds herself—and love—in a heartwarming romantic comedy. Except her husband was dead in a hole in the backyard the whole time.
2. The little girl was a secret Russian dwarf the whole time.
Feel free to include your own favorite out-of-context spoilers in the comments. They’re really so much better without context.