Something that we’ve learned recently over here at Podjiba HQ: some of our intrepid listeners don’t actually care about the TV discussion!
Shocking, I know, given how much insight Tori provides, how much dad TV (and fan-favorite TV like La Brea and Manifest) Dustin covers. And I am also present!
Still. It has come to our attention that some of our valued listeners come for the banter up top, but then quietly remove themselves from the room once we dive into the television talk. Which, honestly, I understand. But also… what if you didn’t?
Not because of our numbers (which are fine, but also we don’t understand). But because the banter continues well into the podcast!
Case in point: this week, while we dive into our first topic (Hulu’s new Marvel adult animated show Hit-Monkey), Dustin led us down a rabbit hole discussing movie theater etiquette that provided minutes (!) of banter and mild entertainment for us all. This is the kind of content that only springs forth from the weekly television topics!
Anyway. This week, way too much TV (yes I say it all the time, but seriously, look at this list):
- After Hit-Monkey, Tori introduces us to two new Korean shows: Netflix’s Hellbound, and AppleTV+’s Dr. Brain!
- Dustin briefly touches on three new shows: HBOMax’s Sex Lives of College Girls, Paramount+’s Mayor of Kingstown, and AMC+’s Ragdoll!
- We go INTO THE SINKHOLE [plonk] with Dustin for La Brea!
- We talk Netflix’s live-action Cowboy Bebop, which we have generally enjoyed so far, while understanding certain elements that feel like larger than desired deviations from the original!
- And finally, ‘Succession’, which we are still enjoying!
Whew. That’s a lot. And only more to come next week, certainly. At a minimum: How To With John Wilson will be back!
Podjiba! The podcast where sometimes the banter is the TV discussion that happened along the way (Wait. Yeah, I think that’s right.), and can be found anywhere podcasts are found, including right here!
Header Image Source: Netflix