How Well Does Your Netflix Account Know You?
I lend my Netflix password to a lot of people. In fact, I recently upgraded to a premium account so that more of my friends could watch at the same time because too often they wre conflicted out. With 10-12 people using my account, it’s often fun to check the “Continue Watching” section and try and guess which of my friends is watching what (which one of you f**ckers is watching Supernatural, anyway)?
As a result, I suspect that the suggestions Netflix has for me are badly skewed because the people who use my account are watching Life, Better off Ted, The Walking Dead, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood and Midsomer Murders (that last one, I know, is my wife, who is 11 seasons in on a 16th season series, because my wife is secretly an old British woman).
Nevertheless, I often hear people quibble about the suggestions Netflix makes for them, and everyone seems to think that Netflix algorithm is drunk.
So, for shits and giggles, tell us what the first five suggestions are for you under “Top Picks for [Your Name]” and let us know if they’re appropriate for you.
1. Dear Dracula (a cartoon I’ve never heard of)
2. Hemlock Grove (fuck you)
3. Corpse Bride (what?)
4. The Addams Family (seriously, do they think I’m a goth teenager?)
5. Dark Matter (a sci-fi series. This suggestion is clearly for Steven Wilson)
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia