Arby's Tribute to Jon Stewart is the Greatest Self-Deprecating Ad of All Time
Those of you who regularly watch The Daily Show are likely familiar with Jon Stewart’s disgust with the fast-food chain. Their sandwiches — and the bowel explosions they are responsible for — are a frequent target of Stewart, so the last company you’d think would want to pay tribute to Jon Stewart’s final days as host is … Arby’s.
But not only did they pay their respects to the outgoing The Daily Show host, they did so with a 60-second commercial full of Jon Stewart Arby’s insults.
What fast-food company would dare pay money to advertise that their food is “like shock and awe for your bowels” or “the meal that’s a dare for your colon”?
Arby’s, that’s who. And if the health inspector hadn’t shut down our local Arby’s (I assume that’s what happened to it, anyway), I’d visit it every day for a week — and suffer the digestive napalm — out of respect for their self-deprecation.
Seriously, this is Dudley Moore in Crazy People savvy.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia