Matt LeBlanc has been estranged from his father Paul most of his life. The actor was raised by his mother, and didn’t meet his father until Matt was eight years old. Though they did form a relationship, LeBlanc later cut it off because his father started “selling stories about me to the tabloids.” Well, it looks like dad is up to his old tricks again, because a new bunch of bullshit just hit the press. Paul made several crappy statements about Matt’s fellow Friends cast, and while we should probably just ignore them as money-grubbing lies, a statement by Jennifer Aniston’s publicist might leave your head cocked. After all, wouldn’t you think by now the actress’ people would know making any comment at all only draws more attention to whatever it is that shouldn’t be paid any attention? Does a statement of denial indicate untruth, or does it just make people say, “Hmm…”(Why is she even paying attention to it at all?) Beats the fork out of me, but you’ll have to decide what to believe, yourself. Here, in order of salaciousness, are Paul LeBlanc’s nasty allegations:
1. Jennifer Aniston messed around with Matt while she was married to Brad Pitt.“He even had a relationship with one of the girls… Jen. They would make out in the dressing rooms. He told me about it. It was when she was married to Brad Pitt….Matt goes after dirt bags.” (Here’s Aniston’s publicist’s comment.)
2. Matt LeBlanc is a ruthless control freak.“Matthew is not a compassionate individual. He is a control freak, and the more money he has, the more fucking ruthless he is. One minute he’s extremely generous, and the next he’s ripping you apart.”
3. Matthew Perry is an asshole.Matt always said Matthew Perry is an a-hole. He wanted to pound on him a couple of times.”
4. Matt LeBlanc’s going to hell in a handbasket.
“He was as good looking as anyone in Hollywood. But he isn’t going to age well. It’s the high life - I’ll see him with his gut hanging over his belt. He’s not someone who keeps himself toned when he’s not in front of the cameras.”
5. David Schwimmer is a bore.“David Schwimmer was kind of dry, a bit too serious.”
Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow seem to have gotten off easily, with Daddy LeBlanc leaving Cox out of his comments, and only a “Matt really liked Lisa” assertion. And that’s it in I’ll-be-there-for-you jerky celebrity father news today.