On 'SNL,' Will Ferrell Reminds Us that George W. Bush Was Terrible
Ten minutes before the show began, I thought to myself, “How great would it be if Will Ferrell brought back his George W. Bush impression and faced off against our current Idiot in Chief Donald Trump?” We got half of the equation with Ferrell addressing the audience from the Oval Office he built in the basement at his ranch. Best of all, Ferrell’s W. reminded us all that he was a terrible President. Ferrell gives us the greatest hits of why W. was a bad President — there’s a lot of great lines here — and you know what? I’d still take him over Trump in a goddamn heartbeat, Dick Cheney and all.
Best line: “Back in my day, we didn’t rig elections with Russians. We used the Supreme Court, like real Americans.”
Great sketch, and one that may knock a few points off of Bush’s popularity ratings, even if W’s stupidity seems refreshingly innocuous now.
Embed via Uproxx
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia