Samantha Bee Delivers a Thoughtful (and Still Mostly Unnecessary) Apology on 'Full Frontal'
Samantha Bee began her show last night by offering another apology for the use of the C-word in reference to Ivanka Trump last week. There’s a part of me that loves that she did it after Jon Stewart told her she shouldn’t apologize to the right earlier this week, because she’s like, “Fuck you. I’ll do it my way.”
And “my way,” she did, striking the perfect balance between apologizing to those women who were genuinely bothered by the use of the word and essentially telling the men (and Ted Cruz) who claimed to be offended by the use of the word to go fuck themselves. “I should’ve known that a potty-mouthed insult would’ve been inherently more interesting to them than juvenile immigration policy.”
Ultimately, she ended with this message: “Civility is just nice words. Maybe we should all worry a little bit more about the niceness of our actions.”
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia