Netflix + Paul Thomas Anderson + Thom Yorke = Film Twitter Glory!
Sometimes we get nice things!
Netflix dropped the news that they would be releasing Anima, a short film directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and starring none other than Radiohead’s Thom Yorke! The one-reeler short will drop on June 27 and be featured in select IMAX theatres the day before, because sometimes Netflix just need to strut around and remind the world that they own the damn place now and then.
Thom Yorke. PTA. Anima. Soon. pic.twitter.com/Ae5b6TnZ2L— Netflix Film (@NetflixFilm) June 20, 2019
We don’t have any news on a plot, but the press release described Anima as ‘a short musical film directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, Thom Yorke of Radiohead scores and stars in a mind-bending visual piece. Best played loud.’ I do what PTA tells me, okay?
This is Anderson’s first project since 2017’s Phantom Thread, for which he received a Best Director Oscar nomination. He also filmed segments for Adam Sandler’s most recent Netflix special and directed some music videos for Haim. When you’re Film Twitter’s beloved, you have to keep busy. Thom Yorke is fresh from his first work as a film composer, last year’s Suspiria.
(Poster via Netflix)
Header Image Source: Getty Images.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me