Miss 'Hannibal'? David Fincher's New Netflix Series Should Fill the Void (Trailer)
Based on Mark Olshaker and John E. Douglas’ book Mind Hunter: Inside FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit, Netflix’s Mindhunter series — due in October — is stacked with talent. Fringe’s Anna Torv and Jonathan Groff (Hamilton, Looking) star alongside character actors Cotter Smith and Holt McCallany.
The series, from David Fincher, is based on the criminal profiling work of Douglas — who investigated the Atlanta Child Murders in the late 70s and early 80s and who inspired the character of Jack Crawford in Hannibal — and Robert Ressler, who coined the term “serial killer” and worked on the homicide investigations of Jeffrey Dahmer, Richard Chase, and John Joubert.
Set in 1979, the Netflix series will revolve around two FBI agents who interview imprisoned serial killers to try to solve ongoing cases.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia