Garry Marshall Is Dead at 81
Garry Marshall passed away Tuesday night at 81 years old. In his long career, he adapted Neil Simon’s The Odd Couple for television, created Happy Days, Mork & Mindy and Laverne & Shirley, directed Pretty Woman, The Princess Diaries and Beaches (mock if you will, but it was my grandma’s favorite movie and as such will always, always have a special place in my heart) and turned Robin Williams, Julia Roberts and Anne Hathaway into stars, among many, many others.
He also appeared as an actor in countless movie and TV roles, most recently Brooklyn Nine-Nine, BoJack Horseman and the current version of The Odd Couple. He was also in Hocus Pocus playing Penny Marshall’s (his real life sister) husband.
Sadly, his final movie was the unilaterally maligned Mother’s Day. But no one will remember that; his legacy will deservedly be as a film and television icon.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia