Marisa Tomei Was Responsible for 'The First Purge,' And, Unsurprisingly, Its Intent Was Racist
I actually really like The Purge movies, maybe even more lately as the sequels have gotten progressively more political (old white men are the real villains of The Purge movies). The trailer for The First Purge — the third sequel (and there’s also a TV series forthcoming — is actually a prequel, which looks back on the origins of The Purge. Marisa Tomei plays the architect of The Purge, who doesn’t realize — until it’s too late — that it is basically an opportunity for the police state to kill people of color.
Yeah: That tracks.
Fittingly, The First Purge opens on July 4th.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia