Keanu Reeves Dominates the List of 20 Worst Accents in Film History
Anyway, on the heels of One Day and Anne Hathaway's garbage Leeds accent, Life Magazine decided to put together a list of the 20 Worst Accents in Film. As one would imagine, Keanu Reeves makes a few appearance, three in the top 10 to be exact. Here is the list.
1. Kevin Costner, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
2. Drew Barrymore, Ever After
3. Sean Connery, The Untouchables
4. Julia Roberts, Mary Reilly
5. Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson, K-19: The Widowmaker
6. Keanu Reeves, Bram Stoker's Dracula
7. Keanu Reeves, Little Buddha
8. Keanu Reeves, The Devil's Advocate
9. Charlton Heston, Touch of Evil
10. Angelina Jolie, Alexander
11. John Wayne, Genghis Kon
12. Tom Cruise, Far and Away
13. Demi Moore, Flawless
14. Dick Van Dyke, Mary Poppins
15. Renee Zellwegger, Cold Mountain
16. Leonardo DiCaprio Blood Diamond
17. Hilary Swank, The Black Dahlia
18. Nic Cage, Captain Corelli's Mandolin
19. Mickey Rooney, Breakfast at Tiffany's
20. Anne Hathaway, One Day
I do encourage you to check out the picture gallery (if you're into that sort of thing) over on their site, so I'll feel slightly less bad about lifting it and you, too, can slow the eventual death of the magazine.
I can think of a few missing, four in fact from our list of the Worst Southern Accents (James Van Der Beek! Tom Hanks!), and I might make mention of Taylor Kitsch's terrible Cajun accent in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and his even more atrocious South African accent in The Bang Bang Club. In fact, while Kristen Stewart is among those in contention for the female equivalent of Keanu Reeves, Taylor Kitsch is certainly a front-runner for the title of the next generation's Keanu.
Texas Forever! Woah!
Who else did they miss?
Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter. Buy Pajiba merch at the Pajiba Store.