Today in 'God Dammit, White People' News, We Bring You 'Coat Switching'
I don’t even know what to tell you. Just…take it away, Toronto Star.
COAT-SWITCHING— Hanif Abdurraqib (@NifMuhammad) October 27, 2016
THE DELIBERATE SWITCHING OF COATS pic.twitter.com/t421I7C4Lf
Oh white people. Oh why, white people? Oh why?
OK, so CODE SWITCHING is when a person alternates in and out of speech types, patterns, language, etc. based on their audience or company. Coat switching is, well…
Mr. Rogers: The original coat-switcher— Jason Boo-ley (@jasondashbailey) October 27, 2016
How do you avoid this silliness? It’s pretty easy.
Here's what a good transcriber does:— Jennifer Morrow (@jenniferemorrow) October 27, 2016
1. Google "coat-switching"
2. THERE IS NO STEP #2, CODE-SWITCHING COMES UP INSTANTLY#coatswitching
But don’t worry, Toronto Star. You got out-white-peopled pretty quickly, courtesy of Rep. Steven Smith.
Nope, not a single bit of that is a thing that is a thing.
Good night. Don’t forget to switch your coats back next weekend.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia