Why Columbus Day Is F*cked
In recent months, Christopher Columbus’s legacy has been under attack. Statues of the historic explorer have been vandalized in Chicago, New Haven, New York City, and Baltimore. Meanwhile, Los Angeles has decided today is not Columbus Day, but rather Indigenous Peoples Day. Austin is following suit. And some of you might be wondering why.
“He didn’t discover America. He didn’t prove the Earth was round. He just bounced around the Caribbean, slaughtered a bunch of innocent people, and died thinking he had made it to India.”
Happy Indigenous Peoples Day.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia