The Five Best Moments in 'Game of Thrones'' Season 4 Foreshadowing
If there’s anything just as fun as being an Ice and Fire reader watching Game of Thrones play out onscreen, it’s got to be watching my husband—who hasn’t read the series—see Game of Thrones play out onscreen. While I’m watching for how things come to life, I also find myself watching the mister’s reactions. I probably even miss some things the first time around, delighting in seeing his face when something like the Red Wedding happens. There are so many glorious happenings ahead of us, it sometimes feels like I’m watching a bunch of kids on an Easter Egg hunt; I may know what’s out there, but there’s such anticipatory joy in uncovering what Benioff and Weiss do with each treat.
I’m damned thankful they like to tease, and new footage aside, the little tidbits and answers the actors provided were positively delightful. Without further ado, here are the five best moments:
5. Kristian Nairn answering the question, “What was your most badass quote?” with “Well, hmm…there was that scene where he said, “Hodor—that was definitely a badass one.”
4. Rory McCann (The Hound) calling Joffrey “a little prick…a mummy’s boy, a bully—he’s got nice eyes!”
3. Jack Gleeson talking about how cool it is to play such a “hate-inspiring character. Just to get that reaction out of someone, it’s very satisfying. It’s nice to—yeah—make people hate me.”
2. Peter Dinklage revealing that he and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau “…tried to do a dance number walking down steps of the court.” Coster-Waldau: “We thought it was fun and the extras were all laughing and dancing…” Dinklage: “…but the crew were really tired and I don’t think they responded.”
1. Gwendoline Christie gleefully cackling as she exclaimed, “The most weird thing I’ve had to do this season is to bite off a man’s ear and spit it in his face!”
Just in case you missed it … or want to watch twelve more times:
Game of Thrones Season 4 premieres April 6th.