The Amy Winehouse Documentary Is Probably Going to Be a Real Gut-Punch
Amy Winehouse died four years ago. During her time as a famous singer, she spent most of it as a punchline. Her inebriated episodes, the tabloid images of her crying with blood on her shoes, they were a joke for a lot of people, and we watched as she went from healthy to completely destroyed right in front of us. For whatever the tragedy she was, however, she was unbelievably talented. “Back to Black” is absolutely perfect, still in heavy rotation at least on my iPod. The documentary Amy will finally make her a person to the people who thought her a joke of a mess, a hilarious Halloween costume, and will assuredly show the terrible ramifications of a painful descent into illness. Bring the Kleenex.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia