'Portlandia' Introduces The Dudes Who'll "Solve Feminism"
First Portlandia gave us dedicated but demented Womyn’s Rights activists Candace and Toni. Now, with season five kicking off, we meet a bunch of allies who are a bit off. Meet the self-righteous male feminists who commend themselves for their supportive takes on street harassment, being hair-coloblind, and using an airhorn as a sign of agreement.
Portlandia saves its sharpest barbs for the arrogant, privileged and oblivious. And much like Parks and Recreation recently lampooned the MRA movement, this clip is exploring what brands of social justice are really working against us.
Guys like those above I’ve taken to calling “brogressive,” in that they believe their feminism is on point and laudable. Then they stay stuff that makes you want to face palm and go, “Bro!” You know, like saying, “Let’s solve feminism” at an all male meeting.
Portlandia airs Thursdays at 10PM on IFC.
Kristy Puchko considers writing in the third person her own personal hell.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia