Jon Stewart And Jessica Williams Weigh In On That McKinney Pool Party
This weekend police brutality hit the suburb of McKinney, Texas, when a cop tackled a teen girl who was armed with a bikini and black skin. The video of this incident is horrifying, as the terrified girl cries out for someone to call her mom while a full-grown man wielding a gun, pulls her to the ground by her hair.
Looking at this, it’s hard to wrap your head around how it can happen. Thank God for The Daily Show, which points out this actually marks progress in cop-on-black-people violence. “It’s progress because a cop pulled a gun on a group of black kids, and nobody is dead,” Williams explained.
Aside from satirical lunacy, we take some solace in that the McKinney Police Department did place Officer David Eric Casebolt on administrative leave, and an investigation has begun.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia