John Oliver Explains Net Neutrality Again, This Time To Dense Republicans
Last Week Tonight’s John Oliver is essentially the hero of the internet, breaking down the concept of Net Neutrality in a way that any idiot could understand. Well, almost any idiot. When it comes to certain Republicans, we apparently need a follow-up:
In the bases terms, companies that sell you wifi want to dismantle Net Neutrality so they can make as much money of your need to internet as possible. The FCC (by a disturbingly close vote of 3 to 2) has decided to treat the internet like a utility, because it is a tool that the average American depends on just as we do phones. In case you need a further breakdown of the importance of Net Neutrality, below you can revisit Oliver’s initial post, which spurred tons of people to reach out to the FCC:
And here’s a helpful piece from Mental Floss you can send to any of your idiot Facebook friends who don’t trust anyone Daily Show related.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia