Mark Ruffalo Addresses Those Noah Centineo Similarities on 'The Tonight Show'
It’s been a dark day. Let’s take a breather to lighten it up with something fun. I saw this picture last night tweeted out by Mark Ruffalo, and I literally did not get that it was a joke.
For those of you who don’t understand the joke, that’s not Mark Ruffalo. That’s Noah Centineo, who caught fire last August in Netflix’s To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. We’ve talked about the similarities between the two before — in fact, Kristy suggested in her review of To All the Boys that it was a lost Mark Ruffalo rom-com. It’s eerie, and when Centineo speaks, the similarities between the two are even more striking.
Last night on The Tonight Show, Ruffalo finally addressed those rumors, and as we discover in the clip, Centineo looks like what we would imagine Ruffalo looked like in his late teens, and not what he actually looked like after he apparently pulled his own braces off with pliers.
After talking about the comparisons, Ruffalo talks about accidentally spoiling the last Avengers movie (“You thought it was funny, ha ha ha! Next thing I know, Joe Russo has fired me on Twitter,”), which is why he’s been paired with the tight-lipped Chris Evans for promotional rounds this time around.
Header Image Source: Getty Images
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me