When the world is in trouble, when the timeline is at its darkest, when hope is lost Doctor Who is there. Through various incarnations, the tenacious Time Lord has helped humanity pull back from the brink of destruction over and over. Now, Jodie Whitaker has donned her Doctor gear to send a very special message of hope to fans.
The Doctor says:
Oh! Hi. This is an emergency transmission. If you’re seeing this, the TARDIS must have detected an upsurge in psychological signals from somewhere in space and time. Basically, I think somebody, somewhere, might be a little bit worried.
I’m actually just self-isolating, or as I like to call it, hiding—from an army of Sontarans. But keep that to yourself.
Now, here’s what I do in any worrying situation.
1) Remember, you’ll get through this, and things will be alright. Even if they look uncertain, even if you’re worried, darkness never prevails.
2) Tell jokes. Even bad ones. Especially bad ones! I am brilliant at bad ones.
3) Be kind. Even kinder than you were yesterday—and I know you were super kind yesterday! Look out for each other. You won’t be the only one worried. Talking will help. Sharing will help. Look out for your friends, your neighbors, your friends, people you hardly know, and family. Because in the end, we’re all family.
4) Listen to science and listen to doctors. Right? They’ve got your back.
5) Stay strong. Stay positive. You’ve got this. And I will see you very soon.
In related news, tears are pouring down my face. How are you doing?
Header Image Source: BBC