The 'Saturday Night Live' Cold Open Pays Perfect Tribute to Both the Vegas Victims and Tom Petty
Jason Aldean, who was the country music artist on stage when the massacre began this week in Las Vegas, pays tribute to not only the lives lost but Tom Petty — who died the day after the Vegas shooting — with a fantastic rendition of Petty’s incredibly appropriate “Won’t Back Down.” I don’t ever recall a musician giving the “Live from New York, It’s Saturday Night” after opening the show with a song, but if there was ever a time to do it, it is now.
Well done, SNL.
"I Won't Back Down" is my fave Tom Petty song. Jason Aldean covering it in the wake of the Vegas massacre & as a tribute to Petty…❤️ #SNL— Cindy (@ninilouwho) October 8, 2017
#snl does it again. Even tho my heart aches and I’m ugly crying Jason Andean singing Tom Petty is the perfect end for this week— Linda O. (@llo48186) October 8, 2017
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia