'SNL' Promo: Dakota Johnson May Just Be the Next Great Host of 'Saturday Night Live'
I did not like Fifty Shades of Grey, although I was a little bummed that I didn’t hate it as much as I had hoped I would. Ninety-two percent of why I didn’t hate it as much as I wanted was Dakota Johnson, who is legit excellent in the film, and while I wouldn’t wish the sequels on her, I am a little happy to see her get the break-out role that Ben & Kate should have been.
She’s good. She’s funny. She’s quick on her feet. And she has excellent comic-timing. And if you haven’t seen Ben and Kate or Fifty Shades of Grey, all that is evident in her first promo for this weekend’s stint as host of SNL, where she does a pretty great job of gently mocking her own movie. No one takes Fifty Shades of Grey less seriously than Dakota Johnson, and as someone who is prepared to laugh at herself, she will make an excellent host in the first show back after the anniversary special.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia