The New York Times, one of our nation’s two greatest newspapers, will be out of business within three years according to the overcooked sugarwater creature from Men in Black. If Donald Trump is an expert on anything, it’s failing businesses, so you might as well stop visiting their site now and beat the rush. RIP NYT. At least I have a new excuse for not penning a New York Times No. 1 Bestseller. “Haven’t
finished started it” is starting to get a little stale.
Fortunately for us, the Gray Lady sent videographers (or interns with refurbished first-gen Zunes, given their dire financial situation) to film scenes inside and outside of Trump rallies before filing for Chapter 11. And holy sieg heil is the footage terrifying.
The pre-roll disclaimer — “This video includes vulgarities and racial and ethnic slurs” — doesn’t begin to prepare you for what you’ll hear in the next two minutes. Some sub-human low-lights:
- A white guy screaming “BUILD A WALL! BUILD A WALL! FUCK THOSE DIRTY BEANERS!”
- A white guy screaming, “FUCK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS! FUCK POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!”
- A white guy in a “Fuck Islam” shirt screaming, “FUCK ISLAM!”
- A white guy telling a protester talking about the Constitution protecting all religions that “Islam is not a religion, it’s an ideology.”
- A white guy responding to Trump claiming Obama has divided this country by screaming, “Fuck that ni**er.”
- A white guy calling a protester a “fag.”
- A white guy sucker-punching a black guy in the face
- A white guy calling Hillary Clinton a whore
- A white guy arguing that Hillary Clinton needs to “get her ass spanked.”
- A white guy yelling, “Hang the bitch!”
I didn’t hear anything quite so vitriolic while waiting in line to see Trump on Monday. But I didn’t make it inside the venue, either. As the Times video points out, attendees typically turn rabid during and after the rallies.
Obviously this is revolting and scary and absolutely terrible for America. What’s equally obvious, however, is that there’s literally no difference between Hillary and Trump. Both candidates are horrible and the only sensible solution is to give your vote to an unvetted libertarian or anti-vaxxer. See you in November.