Watch a Trump Surrogate Get Lit Up by CBS's Bob Schieffer
Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge (oh, Arkansas, why do you hurt me, so?) sat down with the CBS News crew after the debate on Monday night and attempted feebly, oh so feebly, to suggest that no one cares about Donald Trump’s tax returns. She continued to insist as much even as Bob Schieffer and his colleagues repeatedly proved her wrong. Schieffer quickly went to his grumpy old man place: “On what do you base this statement that you have made, which is absolutely wrong!”
And then, Rutledge actually attempts to lawyersplain Schieffer about the laws of evidence, probably not realizing that Schieffer has spent a lot of time in a courtroom as a journalist, nor expecting that it would blow up in her face.
At the end of the interview, one of the reporters than asks Rutledge to provide one detail — just “one detail” — about how Trump plans to defeat ISIS. Ruttledge fails miserably.
It’s a glorious thrashing.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia