OK, Wait a Second. Let Me Get This Straight ...
OK, OK, OK! Let me just get this straight real quick, because I’m not sure I understand. Let me just line up the facts here again:
1) The entire intelligence apparatus of the United States has determined, with absolute certainty, that the Russians meddled in the 2016 election and that these Russian officials were directed to do so by Vladimir Putin.
2) Twelve members of Russian intelligence were indicted just two weeks ago for hacking into the emails of the DNC and John Podesta, among many others.
3) Robert Mueller has been diligently investigating Russian interference in our election for more than a year now.
4) Michael Cohen just revealed that Donald Trump knew about the Trump Tower meeting between Don Jr., Paul Manafort, and Jared Kushner and Russian officials before the meeting.
5) Donald Trump just suffered one of the worst weeks of his presidency after he said, on the world stage, that he believes Vladimir Putin over our own intelligence services.
6) Vladimir Putin admitted on that same stage that he wanted Donald Trump to win the 2016 election.
7) Trump also suggested that it was an “interesting” and “fascinating” idea to have Russian intelligence officials interrogate American citizens, including our former Ambassador to Russia.
8) A Russian agent, Maria Butina, was arrested and outed as a conduit between Russia and the NRA, who used sex to influence politics, and it has been confirmed that she met with at least one California congressman with close ties to Russia.
9) Several outlets — including Bloomberg — are beginning to report that yes, Russian sabotage did, in fact, help Trump win the election, and certainly influenced the way that people voted.
10) Claire McCaskill — the most vulnerable Senate Democratic up for reelection in November — confirmed that Russians attempted to hack into her office.
12) A recent poll showed that 51 percent of Americans believe that Vladimir Putin has compromising information on Trump.
After all of that, now, Now, NOW! Vladimir Putin invites Trump to Moscow.
JUST IN: 2 days after US pushes date for a second Trump-Putin summit, President Putin says he is ready for another meeting with President Trump, as phone conversations are not sufficient, and has extended an invite for President Trump to visit Moscow - (corrects: 2 days, not 1)— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 27, 2018
GEE! I WONDER WHY?
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia