Samantha Bee to Host 'Not the White House Correspondents' Dinner' the Same Night as Actual Correspondents' Dinner
Given that the actual White House Correspondents’ Dinner is shaping up to be just Milo and Sean Hannity fighting over all the white meat on the buffet table while Dan Nainan talks about how hard it is to be so young, there is a clear opening for comedy with a focus on free press. And Samantha Bee has our back, as always.
The “Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner” will be held on April 29, the exact same night and time as the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. According to the New York Times, it will probably air on TBS in some way. Other than that, details thus far are limited.
“We have binders full of people, but we don’t have any specifics to offer yet,” she said. Ms. Bee said that proceeds from her event would go to the Committee to Protect Journalists.”
Samantha Bee will be our shining beacon of light for the next four years. Thank you, Sam.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia