Just Another Day in the Trump White House
President Trump met with Congressional leaders today to negotiate an end to the government shutdown. According to Chuck Schumer, he asked Pelosi if she would support the wall. She said no, and that the evidence did not support the “crisis” Trump has manufactured. Trump, in turn, slammed down his hands and walked out.
World's Greatest Negotiator pic.twitter.com/9FttS9P4Dg— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) January 9, 2019
The House Minority Leader, Kevin McCarthy, however, said that Schumer mischaracterized the meeting, neglecting to note that Trump … uh, brought candy.
Kevin McCarthy said Schumer mischaracterized Trump's behavior in the meeting. Noted that Trump brought candy, which Schumer DIDN'T EVEN MENTION. pic.twitter.com/yaRs3h9Uhy— Judd Legum (@JuddLegum) January 9, 2019
Trump, however, immediately took to Twitter and basically sold McCarthy out by basically confirming Schumer’s version of events.
Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time. I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 9, 2019
At the very short lived Sit Room meeting, Trump questioned why they were even having the meeting, per Durbin— Seung Min Kim (@seungminkim) January 9, 2019
Pelosi burns Trump again.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says President Trump doesn't understand financial insecurity that federal workers face during the shutdown: "He thinks maybe they could just ask their father for more money. But they can’t” pic.twitter.com/PwcUykCXrp— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) January 9, 2019
The shutdown is currently in its 19th day.
This has been another day in the Trump White House. Please tune in tomorrow for the next exhilarating episode.
Header Image Source: Getty Images
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me