Jimmy Kimmel Lashes Out Against New GOP Healthcare Plan: Bill Cassidy 'Lied to My Face'
A few months ago, as you might recall, Jimmy Kimmel’s son was born with a heart defect. His son underwent surgery and survived the condition, but it prompted Kimmel to speak in a very heartfelt way about the need for healthcare in this country.
In response that television moment, Senator Bill Cassidy came up with the “Jimmy Kimmel Rule,” and suggested that he wouldn’t sign on to any healthcare plan that didn’t meet the criteria necessary for a child like Jimmy Kimmel’s to survive his first year.
Bill Cassidy lied. The Republican’s new healthcare plan, the Cassidy-Graham Bill, would not meet any of the criteria that Cassidy promised. “He lied right to my face,” Jimmy Kimmel states in this impassioned rebuttal to the GOP’s latest attempt to scuttle Obamacare.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia