5 Ways In Which Trump Has Embarrassed Himself and America on His Asia Trip, So Far
5. Actual statement made by the so-called leader of the free world while in Japan to the man who is hosting him:
“I don’t know if it’s (Japan’s economy) as good as ours. I think not. OK? We’re going to try to keep it that way. And you’ll be 2nd.”
4. Trump didn’t realize there are so many countries in the world. (Reminder: He is the President of the United States).
3. While en route to Asia, during a layover in Hawaii, Trump visited one of his properties, which — again — involves the unethical promotion of his personal business.
President Trump delayed his flight to Tokyo by a few minutes this morning in order to stop at … Trump International Waikiki pic.twitter.com/TRaLiT7V1A— Michael C. Bender (@MichaelCBender) November 4, 2017
In an amusing turn, however, Trump was greeted with signs that read, “Welcome to Kenya.”
Trump was so upset about the "Welcome to Kenya" signs that he didn't even want to meet the President of Hawaii.— Nick Jack Pappas (@Pappiness) November 4, 2017
2. I guess no one told him that the largest Toyota plant in the world is in Kentucky. It employs more people than there are coal miners in West Virginia.
Pres Trump asks Japanese auto makers if they could build their cars in the US and not just ship them over.— Mark Knoller (@markknoller) November 6, 2017
1. From the Japan Times:
Trump questioned Japan’s decision not to shoot down the missiles when he met or spoke by phone with leaders from Southeast Asian countries over recent months to discuss how to respond to the threats from North Korea, the sources said.
The U.S. president said he could not understand why a country of samurai warriors did not shoot down the missiles, the sources said.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia