While I know more of you look at this post than listen to the episode (which is totally fine!), I would strongly urge you to listen at least to the cold open of today’s offering (which can be found embedded at the end of this post, or anywhere podcasts are available, or at the link that I will also post at the bottom), if for no other reason than you will hear Tori get so excited by a thought that she will tell us to shut up many, many times.
(To find out what she’s excited about, you’ll have to actually listen, but it happens around the 1:18:00 mark.)
Back to the content of the podcast this week: coming into the recording session, I genuinely thought we didn’t have enough to discuss.
Turns out I did not have to worry, as we have a full (possibly overly so?) episode for you, covering a wide swath of television, like:
- Dustin’s continued exploration of children’s television, as he talks again about High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, as well as the return of iCarly! (Publisher’s Note: “Children’s television.” So patronizing, Dan!
- We detour into movies (not a movie podcast) with thoughts on Fear Street: 1994!
- Our strange structure this week means we’re halfway through the episode before we get to Tori’s Kung Fu Corner!
- We discuss the fallout of the Top Chef finale!
- And of course, we talk about last week’s Loki (now that this week’s Loki is available to stream)!
Oh, one last thing: we are not a podcast podcast (obviously), but if you’re a fan of Mythic Quest like we are, Charlotte Nicdao, Ashly Burch, Imani Hakim, and Jessie Ennis have started Questie Besties, a recap podcast of MQ that is mostly the cast hanging out and sounding as if they enjoy each other’s company. They also have guests (other cast members or writers like co-creator Megan Ganz), and David Hornsby is also there as the one white guy! It’s a fun listen and much more professionally produced than our show here.
I’ve already kind of written the traditional end of the post up top, but if you’re looking for the direct download link, it’s right here!