Netflix's 'Iron Fist' Trailer Arrives, and It Looks Like They Chose the Wrong Lead Character
Here’s the trailer for Netflix’s next Marvel series, Iron Fist.
I don’t know much about Iron Fist. Daniel Rand mysteriously disappeared after a plane crash, and 15 years later, he returns from the dead to reclaim his company and his family (sounds like Arrow?) Rand is into marital arts, and he can summon the power of the Iron Fist. He’s played by the Ryan Phillipe-looking dude, Finn Jones, previously Game of Thrones’ Knight of Flowers, Ser Loras Tyrell.
The trailer looks unexceptional, until Colleen Wing shows up. She’s played by Jessica Henwick (Nymeria Sand in Game of Thrones, and an X-wing pilot in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.) Wing is a Japanese martial artist seeking to avenge her grandfather’s death. She seems like a much more interesting character that hipster Arrow/Iron Man.
David Wenham, Jessica Stroup, Tom Pelphrey, and Rosario Dawson also star. Iron Fist debuts on Netflix on March 17th, counter-programming to this year’s March Madness tournament.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia