Netflix's 'Black Mirror' Trailer Is Here to Remind You that the Future Is Terrifying
You know what’s almost as terrifying as a Donald Trump presidency that wants to knock the country back into the 1950s? The future, where technology will almost certainly continue to separate us, deprive us of human connections, and erode our privacy rights. Anyone who has seen the British Black Mirror knows how prescient the dark satire can be, and now the series is back on Netflix to continue brilliantly tormenting us about a future we’re creating.
Due out on October 21st, Netflix will unspool six more episodes from Charlie Brooker starring, among others, Bryce Dallas Howard, Mackenzie Davis, Jerome Flynn, and Kelly McDonald.
Episodes include a social satire where all interactions are ranked (“Nosedive”), a procedural crime story about online outrage (“Hated in the Nation”), a video game thriller (“Playtest”), a war story (“Men Against Fire”), a thriller about an online trap (“Shut Up and Dance”), and 1980s-set coming-of-age story (“San Junipero”).
Here’s the trailer.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia