Matthew Modine Joins Winona Ryder for One of Netflix's Most Anticipated New Series, 'Stranger Things'
In adding another Full Metal Jacket alumnus to its fantastic roster of actors, has Netflix given us a hint about the character Matthew Modine will play? Joker (no, not that one) just signed on to one of 2016’s most anticipated series, Stranger Things (formerly Montauk), an eight-part science fiction/horror show created by Matt and Ross Duffer (Wayward Pines, Hidden) that explores a young boy’s mysterious disappearance, and a possible government conspiracy (read: experiments). Ryder stars as the mother of a 12-year old (Finn Wolfhard) who “vanishes into thin air,” and Modine will play a “brilliant, enigmatic scientist” who might be dangerous, and/or connected to her son’s disappearance. The Duffer brothers call the show, set in 1980s Indiana, their love letter to that era’s classics.
Stranger Things also stars David Harbour, Millie Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp, Natalia Dyer and Charlie Heaton; it’ll hit Netflix sometime in 2016.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia