'Good Omens' Trailer: The End of the World Looks Amazing
We’ve been hearing about Amazon Prime’s adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s Good Omens for at least a year now, and every first look photo has increased our excitement for the series. I believe we’ll be able to preview the pilot this weekend at SXSW in Austin.
In the meantime, the trailer has arrived, and honestly, it’s everything for which we could have hoped. Sheen and Tennant are perfect together as Crowley and Aziraphale, and Jon Hamm is beautifully cast as Archangel Gabriel. I get a little chill of excitement with every revelation in the trailer: Mireille Enos as War! Michael McKean as Shadwell! Nick Offerman! David Morrissey! Oh, and not for nothing, but Frances McDormand is God (of course!) and Benedict Cumberbatch voices Satan (naturally).
This might be the only occasion where Professor Wilson, our hardcore resident book purist, concedes that the show might actually be better than the book (granted, he didn’t love the book, but still!)
Point is: It looks great. It debuts on May 31st, right after the end of Game of Thrones’ run, so this will be our televisual methadone.
Header Image Source: Amazon Prime
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- Spoilers: Digging into the Runes Throughout ‘Midsommar,’ What the Hell They All Mean, and the Easter Eggs Ari Aster Hid Throughout
- By Erasing Oasis for a Cheap Joke, ‘Yesterday’ Also Does One of Its Only Female Characters a Disservice
- Review: Tom Holland Is Perfect In 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Even as the Story Struggles
- On the Spectacular 'Evvie Drake Starts Over' and the Time NPR's Linda Holmes Twitter Shamed Me