Your Love is Dead if It Was Padlocked to a Bridge in Paris
The Pont des Arts bridge in Paris has been featured in numerous movies and television shows for the tradition of couples writing their initials on a padlock, securing it to the bridge, and throwing the keys in the Seine river. The act is meant to signify that their love is forever, like the lock. Except that a lot of those locks are about to be removed from the bridge, so I guess get ready for a flurry of divorces among people who enjoy Paris and sentimental symbolism.
It’s been announced that the city of Paris will permanently remove all locks currently on the Pont des Arts bridge. The former chain link panels will be removed and replaced with plexi glass panels that visitors cannot secure locks to. This isn’t too much of a surprise after part of the bridge collapsed last year under the weight of the locks.
If you are a Parks and Recreation fan, don’t fret: Leslie and Ben’s lock has been missing since February of last year and they were still doing fine last we saw.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia