Marvel Officially (And Ridiculously) Bows Down Before 'Jurassic World' The New Box Office King
This weekend Jurassic World earned the title of the biggest movie opening, taking that position away from the previous holder, The Avengers. After a stronger than anticipated Sunday, Jurassic World came in at $208.8 million domestically, compared with The Avengers’ $207.4 million. So it was only the gentlemanly thing to do for Marvel’s Kevin Feige to publicly concede. Which he did, fantastically.
It should be noted that Jurassic World also broke the record for biggest international opening, previously held by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2. Your move, J.K. Rowling.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia