Kate McKinnon and Kumail Nanjiani Invite You to an Innocent Glove Lunch
The Independent Spirit Awards were this weekend and I’ll get a full list of winners up soon. But this pre-taped segment lightly spoofing Oscar darling Carol seemed like a great way to kick off a day that will mostly be about actors and films taking themselves too seriously.
I think the choice to keep Rooney Mara’s parts untouched helps, if McKinnon was playing off another comedian across from her it would have been too hammy. Though adding Jane Lynch and Wanda Sykes to comment on how hard it was to pursue lesbian relationships (among other social difficulties) in the 50s was a nice touch.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia