Is the 'Beauty and the Beast' Twist That Emma Watson is the Beast?
When the live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast was originally announced, I speculated that Emma Watson’s character might play the Beast in what I thought might be a cool gender-reversal. It was the trendy thing at the time. The first teaser trailer — which never showed Watson’s full face — only emboldened my theory.
However, the most recent teaser trailer — which features Watson singing — sadly rules out the theory. Dan Stevens is clearly the beast and an imposing one, at that.
But not so fast! The action figures for Emma Watson’s character suggest that maybe Belle may have some beastly qualities after all, or the people responsible for creating the action figure are just really terrible at their jobs.
This is terrifying. pic.twitter.com/ZaWErWd7gu— NPOC (@nerdypoc) January 7, 2017
Let’s look closer.
Oh, that is horrifying. Like Zelda from Pet Semetary horrifying.
I pity the poor kid who has to go to sleep every night with that Belle action figure staring them in the face.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia