A 'The Walking Dead' Stuntman Has Died from Injuries Sustained on the Set
Terrifically sad news out of Atlanta today, as John Bernecker — a stuntman on The Walking Dead — has died of injuries sustained on the set of the AMC series. Bernecker fell from a 30 foot high balcony onto a concrete floor two days ago. He was airlifted to the hospital and placed on a ventilator, which was turned off last night after swelling in his brain did not subside. Bernecker’s girlfriend, Jennifer Cocker —also a stuntperson on The Walking Dead — was by his side.
Bernecker has also done stunt work on Black Panther, Hunger Games and Logan.
AMC has temporarily shut down production of The Walking Dead.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia