The trailer for Nope, writer-director Jordan Peele’s highly anticipated follow-up to Get Out and Us, dropped on the Internet last night at 3 AM Eastern Standard Time. And right before the trailer dropped, Peele tweeted this in order to freak us all out and make us wonder what the f-ck is going on.
Y'all ready..?— Jordan Peele (@JordanPeele) February 13, 2022
Here’s the trailer for Nope, starring Daniel Kaluuya, Keke Palmer, and Steven Yeun.
A few things are guaranteed to happen when you watch it.
1) You’re going to be freaked out and say “What the f-ck is going on?” more than once.
2) You will watch this trailer repeatedly, and inspect each and every frame like it’s the Zapruder film to try and figure out what the f-ck is going on.
3) You’ll want to see more of Steven Yeun rocking a cowboy hat.
4) If you’re Black, you’ll laugh and nod your head in approval when you see how Keke Palmer’s character reacts to…whatever the hell it is she’s looking at. Because it’s exactly how nearly all Black people (in horror films and in real life) react when they see some sh-t about to pop off that could possibly get them killed.
5) When the trailer is done, and the release date appears onscreen, you’ll ask: “Is it July 22nd yet?!?!”
Plot details are still unknown as to what Nope is actually about. And honestly, the less we know about how Peele plans to scare the living hell out of audiences this time around, the better.
Nope opens in theaters July 22.
Image sources (in order of posting): Universal Pictures, Monkeypaw Productions