Megyn Kelly's New Show is a 'Trump-Free Zone.' That Should Go Well
Earlier this year, NBC hired Megyn Kelly take over the third hour of the Today show, replacing Tamron Hall and Al Roker — who, by the way, were doing very well in the ratings (regularly beating “Kelly Ripa and Whatever Man She Hosted With”) — with a “friendly white lady.”
I like how NBC is making Megyn Kelly look like this friendly white lady who cares. FUCK HER AND NBC— Uggo (@prime_bee) September 25, 2017
After bombing out with her Sunday night newsmagazine, where she embarrassed herself with a softball interview with Vladimir Putin and then embarrassed herself even more by interviewing Alex Jones before the newsmagazine faded into obscurity, Kelly has decided with her morning show not to focus on politics. It will be a “Trump-free” zone, i.e., “I’ve lost all credibility in the world of politics, so why don’t I interview the cast of Will & Grace now?”
She began her stint as a friendly white lady this morning, and it’s not going well.
If you're not watching Megyn Kelly's morning debut right now … It's one of the more mortifying things I've seen in a while— Richard Lawson (@rilaws) September 25, 2017
7. @KathieLGifford just gave Megyn advice on being successful in the AM "be authentic." Then Megyn "randomly" runs into Carson Daly.— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) September 25, 2017
And while she said she wanted to avoid politics, here’s one of the segments she’s running this a.m.:
11. She's doing a segment right now about gun violence in Chicago + a white nun who "takes back her streets." Who cleared this segment?!— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) September 25, 2017
Don’t tell me, Megyn. Let me guess! “It’s not about race, right?”
But before anyone tries to accept this watered-down, sanitized version of Megyn Kelly, Jon Oliver would like to remind you all of her past:
This bish https://t.co/KemgFP7tJB— Joanna Robinson (@jowrotethis) September 25, 2017
Conservatives dislike her, liberals dislike her, and she’s decided she’s not even going to cover the thing she’s best known for: Politics. I guess she wants to be Oprah now? That should go well.
I worry that Megyn Kelly’s Today Show won’t last until the holidays and there will be no one to assure us that Santa Claus is white.— Schmendrick Lamar (@heyitsurban) September 25, 2017
Wise investment, NBC. Wise investment.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia