Alexi Ashe, Seth Meyers' Wife, Gave Birth In the Lobby of Their Building Yesterday, and It's a Helluva Story
Yesterday, Seth Meyers’ wife, Alexi, gave birth to a happy, healthy baby boy named Axel Strahl Meyers. You might be wondering why Seth Meyers would show up to work on the day that his wife had a baby, and I’ll tell you why: When you have a story as good as this, you go to work as fast as possible so that you can tell it.
Seth Meyers’ wife had their baby in the lobby of his building. Over the course of a very short phone call, Meyers found himself asking 1) for an ambulance because a baby was coming, 2) for help because his wife wasn’t going to make it to the hospital, and 3) to say, “My wife just had a baby.”
It’s really a fantastic story and worth listening to in its entirety. He gets pretty choked up there in the end, and we couldn’t be happier for the guy.
Aside: A decade ago, after my son was born, the commenters here often jokingly called him Axl, which I thought was funny. But I didn’t get the joke until just this minute. Ten years later.
God, I’m an idiot.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia