The 10 Best Instances of Female Cinematic De-Prettification
This morning, Bleeding Cool uncovered the first really good photo of Rooney Mara’s transformation for David Fincher’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It’s as total a transformation as Noomi Rapace’s was in the Swedish version, which bodes well for Fincher’s adaptation (you know what else bodes well? That it’s Fincher’s adaptation).
I’m even more excited about the movie than I was before. And while it may not be considered much of a downgrade for certain goth-y types, for mainstream America, it’s a definite de-prettification given how stunning Rooney Mara looks in reality. So, why not? Here’s her de-prettification put into the context of nine other cinematic de-prettifications.
10. Renee Zelwegger in The Bridget Jones Diary
9. Noomi Rapace in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
8. Rooney Mara in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
7. Mariah Carey in Precious
6. Salma Hayek in Frida
5. HiIlary Swank in Boys Don’t Cry
4. Cameron Diaz in Being John Malcovich
3. Emma Thompson - Nanny McPhee
2. Gwyneth Paltrow — Shallow Hal
1. Charlize Theron in Monster
Each Time You Like, Share, Tweet or Stumble a Pajiba Post, An Angel Does the Paul Rudd Dance
blog comments powered by Disqus