The 10 Best Instances of Female Cinematic De-Prettification
I'm even more excited about the movie than I was before. And while it may not be considered much of a downgrade for certain goth-y types, for mainstream America, it's a definite de-prettification given how stunning Rooney Mara looks in reality. So, why not? Here's her de-prettification put into the context of nine other cinematic de-prettifications.
10. Renee Zelwegger in The Bridget Jones Diary
9. Noomi Rapace in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
8. Rooney Mara in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
7. Mariah Carey in Precious
6. Salma Hayek in Frida
5. HiIlary Swank in Boys Don't Cry
4. Cameron Diaz in Being John Malcovich
3. Emma Thompson - Nanny McPhee
2. Gwyneth Paltrow -- Shallow Hal
1. Charlize Theron in Monster
Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter. Buy Pajiba merch at the Pajiba Store.