Choke on Them Apples: Matt Damon's 5 Best Unscripted Political Moments
Indeed, Matt Damon doesn't make me cringe when he talks politics; he speaks from a place of understanding and intelligence, and he doesn't sound like a blowhard, either. He's the kind of guy that I'd like to see run for office one day because he knows the issues and can speak to them passionately and articulately. It helps, of course, that I agree with his politics. Right now, when there are practically no politicians in Washington who are well liked or for whom we can passionately root, it's nice to see someone like Damon speak some goddamn sense.
He doesn't do it often on camera, but when he does, he makes an impact. Here are Matt Damon's 5 Best Unscripted Political Moments. Put some W.G. Snuffy music in the background, and this man could easily be the next Senator of Massachusetts.
5. Matt Damon on the Underemployed and Homeless (Begins at 1:37)
4. Matt Damon Questions the Fairness of the Men and Women Forced Make Up the Armed Forces
3. Matt Damon Criticizes President Obama for Ignoring His Mandate
2. Matt Damon Rips the Choice of Sarah Palin, Calls it a "Bad Disney Movie"
1. Matt Damon Defends Teachers
To lighten the mood and because it is in the Pajiba bylaws to do so whenever Matt Damon is mentioned, here's his impression of Matthew McConaughey. It never gets old.
Get entertainment, celebrity and politics updates via Facebook or Twitter. Buy Pajiba merch at the Pajiba Store.