What If Captain America Woke Up In 2018?
Remember when it seemed nothing could be crazier than 2017? And then 2018 came with more and more madness pouring out of the White House until Trump wrathfully tweeting about hush money paid to his porn star mistress doesn’t feel shocking, but just like a Tuesday. Sometimes we try to reflect to a time before Roseanne Barr and Tom Arnold were going to war over a president’s legacy, before a Twitter joke could get you fired but a Twitter proclamation of war was met with a collective shrug, before conspiracy theorists were weaponizing views to turn Youtube against national treasure Tom Hanks. It seems so, so long ago.
Well, Youtuber Ryan George wondered what it would look like to try to explain our mind-snapping time to a freshly unfrozen Captain America. And the result is funny and depressing. Is there a word for that? It feels like 2018 demands a word for that.
At least we have Beyoncé.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia