Video Hilariously Breaks Down What Happens in the Moments Between the Bits Shown in a Montage
Cinematic montages are fun and efficient ways of covering a lot of essential story ground very quickly. They allow a filmmaker to creatively and often stylishly or rhythmically skip through plot beats while leaving out the minutiae and banal details that pad out real life.
There have been many parodies and self-aware winks to montages in film and TV, but one of my new favourites is by YouTube duo Chris and Jack. Their video lovingly pays tribute to exactly those quiet moments in between the cinematic cuts:
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia