Stephen Colbert Shuts Down Three-way Lightsaber Controversy, Schools Nerf Herders
When J.J. Abrams unleashed his new vision for Star Wars with the trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens, did he know the kind of screeching hell he’d unfurl up us all? Not just in the form of already countless fan parodies, but also in controversies, grand and stupid.
There was the #Blackstormtrooper hubbub, paired with the perfect response from its inspiration, John Boyega. And then came sabergate, where some fans were rage spiraling over this:
A lightsaber, with two little sabers protruding from the hilt! Blasphemy!…Or something!?
Well, ultra-nerd Stephen Colbert used The Colbert Report as a platform to address this polarizing addition to the Star Wars universe. Prepare to get pwned, padawan.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia