'Pancake Man' Is A Real Movie, Coming To America
Forget the MCU and DC’s broody bravado. China has a new superhero who’s been tearing up their box office so hard, he’s now headed to America to make his mark.
Meet Pancake Man:
Yup. That’s Jean-Claude Van Damme. He’s the villain of this superhero parody, while it’s hero is played by writer/director Da Peng, a web series sensation turned movie star. In Pancake Man, Peng plays a poor street food vendor who gains superpowers from—you guessed it!—his pancakes.
Behold its trailer:
Pancake Man will open in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Diego, Boston, San Francisco and Seattle on July 24th. It’s also expanding to Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Kristy Puchko suspects she’ll like this better than Ant-Man. It’s been that kind of summer.
- What if 'Independence Day' with Will Smith is a Warning?
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: Voting for the Pajiba 10 Begins Now
- The 10 Best Movies Of 2019 So Far
- Meghan McCain Wants to Quit 'The View' (WHY, GOD?!)
- 'Yesterday' Is A Love Letter To East Anglia